Aclairo PDG, Inc. (Aclairo) is announcing the position opening of President to be filled no later than July 2019. Aclairo is an established and successful firm that consults to the pharmaceutical and biologic product industry in nonclinical (pharmacology and toxicology), clinical pharmacology, and related regulatory areas. Our consultation consists primarily of strategic advice, overall program design, study placement and monitoring, regulatory document preparation, and position papers. Our consultants are located throughout the US and work virtually from their home offices. Aclairo promotes an integrative approach to consulting that is maintained by collaborative and collegial interactions between consultants and Aclairo management. Our main office is in the Washington D.C. metro area.
The President of Aclairo should have more than 15 years of experience and a doctorate level degree in a life science or related field of study. The individual should be a proven leader, with proven skills and success in business development, as well as excellent organizational skills and communication skills. The President is expected to have intimate knowledge of toxicological science or clinical pharmacology, regulatory nonclinical or clinical knowledge, as well as extensive experience in drug/biologic development.
Aclairo is seeking a talented individual from either inside or outside the firm for the position of President. The successful applicant may have experience from industry, a consulting firm, or from FDA, CDER. Experience in both industry and FDA would be a strong positive for the successful candidate.
- Provides scientific and strategic advice with an advanced level of technical skill and insight
- Provides regulatory insights across CDER divisions; experience with other FDA Centers a plus
- Demonstrates and clearly articulates an understanding of client needs
- Produces a high-quality work product that is acceptable, on time, and within budget
- Effectively manages deadlines, multi-tasks, and works well and remains calm under pressure
- Participates in and is highly successful in business development (BD) activities
- Effectively communicates with clients and manages client relationships
- Engages actively in scientific meetings (particularly for BD and presentations to demonstrate Aclairo expertise) and in the support or publication of scientific literature
- Manages assigned projects/tasks providing coordination and thought leadership
- Helps in the preparation of project plans and determination of task assignment
- Participates in the training and development of consulting staff
- Models, promotes, and demonstrates collegiality with all company employees
- Interfaces with board of directors and the president, CFO, and VP of our parent company, EPL, Inc., to revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
- With the help of the Aclairo VP and directors, plans, develops, and implements organizational policies and goals
- Facilitates and chairs regularly scheduled manager meetings to evaluate business goals and objectives
- Works with senior consultants and consultants to balance work load and client projects and provides input on scientific and regulatory strategies
- Promotes participation at conferences by Aclairo staff for training and BD purposes
- Develops and maintains a commitment to the company vision and the “spirit” of the organization
- Reviews proposal activity reports and financial statement to determine progress and status of attaining objectives, assists in revising objectives, as necessary, in planning in accordance with current conditions
- Establishes a succession plan and develops employees for future advancement as appropriate
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training professional employees
Personal Growth and Development
- Maintains current scientific and regulatory knowledge by initiating the appropriate internal or external educational/learning pursuits
- Ensures personal development goals are in place and carried out in agreed timeframe
- Advanced degree in a life science or related field of study (PhD and/or DVM)
How to Apply
Contact: Susan Wilson or Hilary Sheevers; please feel free to call to email to find out more details about this position and expectations.
Susan Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-357-5737
Hilary Sheevers: email@example.com, 240-888-2977
Please include your CV and a cover letter in the application; interviews will begin in January 2019.
Competitive salary and bonus program.